Safari/Game Drive/Bush Walks
Enjoy game viewing in an open vehicle or on foot under the expert guidance of qualified, experienced field guide. Guides are passionate and keen to share their knowledge and experiences of the African bush and its wildlife.
Climb on board our open game vehicle for your 2,5 to 3 hour game drive taking you through the Dinokeng Game Reserve’s landscapes, trying to get a glimpse or good siting of South Africa’s game
- Our big 5 (African Elephant, Buffalo, both black and white Rhino, Lion & Leopard)
- Not forgetting to check which of the other members can be found here - the ugly 5 (Hyena, Marabou Stork, Vulture, Warthog & Wildebeest), the fast 5 (Cheetah, Wildebeest, Lion, Ostrich & Tsessebe), elusive (shy) 5 (Aardvark, Aardwolf, Bat-eared Fox, Meerkat & Porcupine) or the small 5 (Elephant Shrew, Buffalo Weaver, Rhinoceros Beetle, Ant Lion & Leopard Tortoise)
- Always remember our plentiful birds
- Identify some tracks, grasses, trees, etc
- Listen to interesting facts and stories about the fauna and flora of the bushveld.
For our more adventurous and fitter guests we also offer a walk on the wild side – experience up close the sights, sounds and smells of the African bushveld. Sightings may include animals, birds and plants which are often missed in a vehicle or on a game drive. 2,5 to 3 hour walks in the bush along with qualified and field guides.
By appointment only; minimum of 4 people, maximum of 8 people per walk
Why choose Thorn Tree Bush Camp for your bush safari/game drive?
- Friendly owners and staff on-site to provide you a memorable experience
- Our guide is FGASA qualified and CATHSSETA registered
- Online direct activity and accommodation availability and booking system
- A variety of activities and accommodation options available
- Thorn Tree Bush Camp facilities are reserved for camp residents and game drive guests only